Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree warns about lack of Remote Project Configuration with Bitbucket Server

tomisaacson October 27, 2018

I've just upgraded Sourcetree and now I'm seeing a Remote icon with a red exclamation mark. When I click it it says "You don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured; you need to edit your remotes to add details such as the hosting type and base URL. Click the Settings button to open your remote list."

But when it opens the Remote details dialog and I select Host Type of Bitbucket it automatically sets the Host Root URL to https://www.bitbucket.org. How can I setup a Bitbucket server?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
tomisaacson November 29, 2018

I wanted to try setting Sourcetree up again so I deleted the details I listed above from the Tools/Options/Authentication menu. When I re-added them I was given the option of being able to set the Hosting Service to Bitbucket Server. When I did this it added my server as an account rather than just a saved password and it appeared correctly in the dropdown.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

Hi

In Tools/Options/Authentication add a Bitbucket Server account, then back in the Repository Settings, cog in the upper right of the repository view, you can select this account as the Remote Account.

tomisaacson November 2, 2018

My Bitbucker Server account is already added. Where do I "select this account as the Remote Account"? If I click the Settings cog I see Repository Settings. Go to edit my current origin but under Remote Account the only option I see is "Generic Account / Generic Host". I see the same if I try to Add a new one.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2018

Hi

They should appear within the drop down containing the Generic Account

tomisaacson November 11, 2018

They don't.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
November 19, 2018

OK

Any credentials listed under Accounts in the Tools/Options/Authentication tab should appear in that dropdown, if not it sounds like a bug.

Could you attach, suitably anonymized, screen shots of the  Tools/Options/Authentication tab and the contents of the Generic Account drop down?

tomisaacson November 21, 2018

Tools/Options/Authentication:

Host: bitbucket.companyname.com
Username: tom.isaacson
Authentication: Basic
Default account for bitbucket.companyname.com: Yes

Generic Account dropdown:

Generic Host

Jeremy Tenjo November 29, 2018

Is there a solution for this bug yet? 

tomisaacson November 29, 2018

Yes.