Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree version 3.0.17 does not start on win10 64bit

smathew February 16, 2019

I've tried the following:

1. Uninstalling Sourcetree. Deleting of /Users/User_name/AppData/Local/Atlassian Downloading and re-installing Sourcetree.

2. Adding 

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">
<value>True</value>
</setting>

to the user.config file in the Atalassian AppData/Local/... directory

3. Starting as administrator

All suggestions were things that apparently worked at some point or other with users having the same problem.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.  

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

Hi 
Can you outline what happens, from running the installer?

What should happen is the installer runs, showing a splash screen, it should then install to %localappdata%/Sourcetree.

In that folder there should be, amongst other things, a Sourcetree.exe and an app-#.#.# folder.
The Sourcetree.exe is a shortcut, managed by the installer, to the real Sourcetree.exe which is inside the versioned folder.

Sourcetree should start either from the Sourcetree.exe or the app-#.#.#/Sourcetree.exe. IN both cases it should show a splash screen and then after a slight pause the UI. This might be the registration wizard if it is a clean install.

If you do not see the splash screen or the UI, please check in the %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/Sourcetree.log file or Windows Event Viewer for any errors. Please post any you find back here.

Thanks, sorry you are having difficulties.

smathew February 18, 2019

Hi Michael, I appreciate the reply. I have sorted it out only about an hour or two ago - it turns out that it may have been related to my NVIDIA drivers being corrupted or in any case not working as it should have - no idea why but when I updated the drivers, Sourcetree started working again.

I noticed this as another unrelated piece of software had stopped working as well and when trouble-shooting this, the suggested fix was to update my drivers. I did so and that program and Sourcetree started working again!

Are there some dependencies with these drivers that can cause this to happen??

Thanks,

Matt

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

Thanks for the update.

We don't have any direct dependencies on drivers, only indirectly through the .NET/WPF GUI framework.

If possible would you be able to check if there are any Sourcetree related errors in the Event Viewer or %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree/Sourcetree.log. Knowing what the problem and the cure was, if we had any generated users it might help us support other users in the future.

thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events