Every time I start Sourcetree it always brings up the dialog that my user settings have become corrupt and must be repaired. Literally every time.
It will not let me start the program until I re-initialize my starting profile. When I look into the user.config file, the xml appears to be truncated mid-setting (specifically the MainWindowHeight setting) and is followed entirely by 7677 whitspace characters.
Has anyone experienced this? How do I get sourcetree to stop corrupting the config file?
This happens to me a lot as well -- any time Sourcetree quits abnormally (like when Windows decides to force an update and kill all your work when you're not around). My workaround on Windows 10 has been:
* After you have reset things and fixed up your Sourcetree preferences, make a backup of your current user.config file. On Windows 10 it's located at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe<random_string>\<version_number>\user.config
* Save that user.config file somewhere else on your hard drive
* Next time you get the "Sourcetree user settings must be repaired" error, copy that saved file back into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe<random_string>\<version_number>\user.config to replace the corrupted file.
Sourcetree should run again after that.
Okay So Guys I have found the solution for this :)
It worked for me and I was able to open my sourcetree back without need for resetting the profile and losing your tabs or uninstalling the sw.
I will be Glad to share it with you guys because it took me some time investigating here and there but did not find anything online to help.
The Solution is actually quite easy ..
in your local path
in my case I had 3 folders
So I checked folders number 2 & 3 for the file "user.config"
For Example in my case
"user.config" file in folder 2 got corrupted with a lot of Nulls inside it so what i did is i checked "user.config" file in folder 3 and I found that it was okay without any nulls, So I copied what was inside and replaced it for the "user.config" in folder 2
And Voila! :) It worked for me and I was able to open my sourcetree back without need for resetting the profile and losing your tabs or uninstalling the sw