It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree user settings must be repaired constantly

Every time I start Sourcetree it always brings up the dialog that my user settings have become corrupt and must be repaired. Literally every time.

It will not let me start the program until I re-initialize my starting profile. When I look into the user.config file, the xml appears to be truncated mid-setting (specifically the MainWindowHeight setting) and is followed entirely by 7677 whitspace characters.

Has anyone experienced this? How do I get sourcetree to stop corrupting the config file?

4 answers

This happens to me a lot as well -- any time Sourcetree quits abnormally (like when Windows decides to force an update and kill all your work when you're not around). My workaround on Windows 10 has been:

* After you have reset things and fixed up your Sourcetree preferences, make a backup of your current user.config file. On Windows 10 it's located at: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe<random_string>\<version_number>\user.config

* Save that user.config file somewhere else on your hard drive

* Next time you get the "Sourcetree user settings must be repaired" error, copy that saved file back into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe<random_string>\<version_number>\user.config to replace the corrupted file.

Sourcetree should run again after that.

I'ill try this, thank you :D

Like atom888 likes this

Hello 

I have the same issue since yesterday. Impossible to launch sourcetree...

Like atom888 likes this

I have the same issue. Impossible to launch sourcetree... but it also makes my computer to reboot.

Remove all folder SourceTree.exe... in Users\username\AppData\Local\Atlassian and restart Source Tree App.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,959 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you