Sourcetree to Bitbucket Server behind SSL not working Edited

I've set up Bitbucket server and I'm trying to get Sourcetree connected since some team members are not familiar with the command-line and I'd rather get them up and running instead of spend a day teaching git commands.

Annoyingly, during the installation process when selecting "Bitbucket Server" and entering the correct credentials, this error appears:

Failed to check login for user [<redacted>]
Unable to connect to the host service
An error occurred while sending the request.
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Is there any way to know exactly what the issue is?

I'm using Caddy as a proxy which afaik uses HTTP/2. I'm not sure what version of SSL/TLS it uses but I'd assume it's whatever's the latest (Caddy is pretty modern).

I should add that git commands work perfectly fine, I've done a pull/commit/push cycle without any problems.

--

Skipping this step and just cloning straight from the repo worked fine. What's the difference between that and doing this Bitbucket Server setup? Am I missing out on any useful features?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Barnaby! Have you enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in SourceTree?

Enable TLS.PNG

> Skipping this step and just cloning straight from the repo worked fine. What's the difference between that and doing this Bitbucket Server setup? Am I missing out on any useful features?

The issue I posted referred to the installation setup menu, which appears to omit this option and thus causes the problem. It works fine once you go into the program and adjust the settings. Not a big deal, just a minor bug in the installation that could confuse people.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

273 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot