Sourcetree stuck on loading when pushing/pulling Edited

I have an issue in Sourcetree on Windows that has been bothering me for a while now. The problem occurs when I have had Sourcetree open for a while and then try to pull/push/fetch. The "loading"-dialog opens, but never finishes the operation. It just loads forever. This problem continues until I restart Sourcetree and then everything is fine again for a while. I have to do this up to 3-4 times a day and it is kind of annoying. Especially after the newest patch which seemed to really reduce the applications performance.

The reason I post this now after experiencing this for several months is because it was brought to my attention that others also were experiencing this. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is there anything I can do to fix it?

 

Thanks for any replies.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Andreas, can you provide the following information:

  • Which version of SourceTree and OS are you using?
  • Does it always happen with a certain repository, or with all of them? Which is the size of the repo?
  • Can you also check the logs so we can see if there's any error in there? You can find them at SourceTree logfile location.

Best regards,

Ana

I am using Windows and currently using version 2.1.2.5.

It happens in all repos.

I have several error messages in the log file. The latest ones look like this:

1.

[System.IO.FileSystemWatcher] [OnError] - RepoWatcher: Error 'For mange endringer på en gang i katalogen' 

(In english: Too many changes happened at ones in catalog)

2.

[SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null

I am also having the same issue. It only happens when SourceTree has been open for a while. I was hoping that the latest update would address the issue before I commented.

I am running windows 10.

SourceTree version - 2.1.2.5.

Here is my log file dump. I have included some of the errors from before the upgrade. The 7th and the 20th are since the upgrade.

ERROR [2017-05-17 13:12:31,124] [95] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-05-17 13:12:31,128] [95] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-05-25 16:12:57,030] [41] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-05-25 16:12:57,175] [41] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-01 09:49:36,536] [31] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-01 09:49:36,643] [31] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-05 18:52:02,832] [21] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-05 18:52:02,862] [21] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-07 13:35:12,550] [113] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-20 16:28:44,176] [97] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @Ana Retamal Ortiz,

Any progress or suggestions on this topic?

This widget could not be displayed.

Same here. I think this is happening in all 2 versions. I just recently downgraded back to 2.0.20.1 and am still experiencing this. @Ana Retamalany updates on

My whole team is experiencing same, around 10 people, but of course noone reported yet.


Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null

 

 
 
This widget could not be displayed.

 I have to say that I am really not satisfied with the support I have received in this forum. As a developer, I understand that some problems can be hard to fix and I do not expect them to be fixed immediately. However, I do actually expect some progress in identifying the problem.

The Windows version shows no signs of improvement (the Mac version works fine for the same repos though) and no one are helping us here. I see no other solution for my team than to stop using Sourcetree for the time being.

I completely agree with this.  I work on a team of 5 developers, and we've all been experiencing this issue for months.  We are all trying other git clients for now and will likely be switching soon.

This widget could not be displayed.

Been trying to find what causes problems my end for ages and couldn't find anywhere on the web. Initially I thought the problem could be around VPN, but no suggestions worked. 

So my solution was to disable SSL3 under Tools -> Options -> Network and voila!

I believe the remote repository doesn't support SSL3 and caused an infinite loading.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

860 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you