Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree shows duplicate files in pending view. Is this a bug?

Fernando Diaz October 14, 2013

I'm working on a big project using Mercurial. I had local changes to a few files, and a colleague committed changes to one of those files to our central repository. Before committing my changes to my local repository, I decided to do a pull and an update. Now, Sourcetree is listing the simultaneously modified file twice in the pending changes view.

Is this normal or a bug? If it's normal, how should I do my commit now?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

This is a bug, but I can't see how it could happen, I can't reproduce it here. The way you query general file status and merge status is separate in hg, so we query both then merge the results based on the path, but in your screenshot the paths clearly match 100%.

You can still go ahead and commit - just allow all the file entries to be checked in the commit dialog (this is required for merges anyway, you have to commit everything) and it will still work fine. I'll try to figure out how this edge case might have occurred.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Actually if you get chance before committing, it would be useful if you could run these two commands on the command line and tell me what they show in your case:

hg status
hg resolve -l

Thanks

Fernando Diaz October 15, 2013

Here's the result of those commands (I'm running them inside Cygwin)

$ hg status
M Editor/Src/Application.cpp
M Projects/Jam/EditorFiles.jam
A Editor/Src/Utility/EditorUpdateCheckBhvr.cpp

$ hg resolve -l
R Editor/Src/Application.cpp

0 votes
Bastiaan Veelo November 3, 2017
0 votes
Mia Shani June 7, 2017

I saw this also with a bitbucket repository, when need to merge file it will appear twice in the list.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events