It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree says invalid password when cloning a repo

Every timeScreenshot 2019-11-12 at 5.14.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-11-12 at 5.14.41 PM.png I am trying to clone a repo from bitbucket to my sourcetree, there is an error that says the password is invalid. We have tried to changing the password and retyped it in Sourcetree but the issue persists. (See error in pictures).

Can you guys help us out? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Nov 13, 2019

Hi Wendy, welcome to the Community :)

I see you're having difficulties to clone the repository. Is that a repository you own? Can you confirm you have access to that repository with the credentials you're using? Another thing you can check is that the directory when you're trying to clone it is empty, otherwise you'll find problems.

For troubleshooting purposes, you can try cloning this repository from the command line. If you're having the same issue in the command line then the problem is not with Spurcetree but with the repository itself, and we'll need to find a different solution. 

Let us know how that goes!

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,962 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you