Sourcetree says .NET isn't installed but it is

Rick Nolte September 5, 2018

Starting sourcetree in Windows 10 VS2017 pro.  Using the most recent insider version of windows.  When  I launch it,  window comes up that says it needs .NET v4.7.1.  When  click to install .NET now, the installer for .NET downloads and runs, but says .NET is already installed

3 answers

0 votes
Nick Johnson September 12, 2018

The fix is here:
https://withinrafael.com/2018/09/11/napkin-note/

Just add the missing registry key, Sourcetree works. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rick Nolte September 12, 2018

Thank you!

0 votes
Nick Johnson September 7, 2018

I have the same issue. Sourcetree worked fine yesterday. Windows updates ran last night, and this morning I can't run Sourcetree.  It updated to Windows 10 v1809.

Framework release 461814 is 4.7.2, but version in registry shows 4.7.03190.

sourcetree reg.PNG

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Can you try running %localappdata%\Sourcetree\app-2.6.10\sourcetree.exe?

Switch app-2.6.10 for whatever the relevant version is you have installed.

It looks like it is the installer/update technology Squirrel.Windows that is failing. I'm interested to know if the underlying app will still run. 

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

FWIW I think 4.7.1, 4.7.2 etc are essentially named releases and really equate to some 4.7.0####  version under the cover.

Nick Johnson September 7, 2018

Unfortunately, I get the same error when running it from that location.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2018

That is disappointing. This might be a significant problem.

Rick Nolte September 7, 2018

I installed the latest insider build today and the problem still exists.  When the actual update comes out next month, this will be a show stopper.  For now, I'll just go back to the previous build.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2018

Hi

We're investigating this at the moment.

Can any one provide a copy of the SquirrelSetup.log, I believe it should be in %localappdata%\Sourcetree for GA builds or %localappdata%\SourcetreeBeta for Beta builds.

Thanks

Rick Nolte September 11, 2018

Any updates on this?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2018
0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2018

Windows 10 doesn't always seem to recognize the .NET update until after a reboot.

Rick Nolte September 6, 2018

I rebooted

Rick Nolte September 6, 2018

Still have the problem.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2018

Looking here: https://github.com/Squirrel/Squirrel.Windows/blob/250fe4ce09035a682d90836f8c89097760638f66/src/Setup/FxHelper.cpp

The installer checks the following registry key 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

And then checks the Release number is not less than the required value, in this case 
461308 for .NET 4.7.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events