It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree keeps asking for wrong account password

So i had to change the primary account i use for bitbucket because of this issue https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Sending-email-notifications-to-team-alias/qaq-p/711858?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=answer_accepted_as_solution&utm_content=topic

But now sourcetree keeps asking my for the password of my old account when ever i try to do anything with my git repo hosted on bitbucket. If i go to Tools > Options > Authentication. i see the correct new account only. (at first i wasn't able to delete my old account from here but i found out that you can remove it from the Windows Credentials Manager). Also i wasn't able to use basic auth due to this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7933
So i had to use oauth for the new account. 

But now it keeps prompting me to enter the password of my old account. How can i fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Feb 22, 2018

Hi

Can you check the remote URLs you are using for your repositories, do they contain the old username?

If do you will need to replace them to use URLs with your new username.

Thanks, that was it. I didn't think to check for that. 

I have the same problem. I only have 1 project opened in sourcetree. The url is fine. Still it complains about an account I used months ago.

I have the same problem.  The url is fine too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you