I'm using Sourcetree for a while now. Since some days it is getting realy slow.
Opening a local repository (GIT) it takes around 30 Seconds at all. I noticed that on Tab "Log / History" mainly the area where "File Status" , "Branches", "Tags" and "Remotes" is located at is taking this long for being loaded. for a local Repository!?
Fetching, pulling and pushing of Remote Repositories does take 1 to 2 minutes.
I'm not sure what have changed and I don't know where to look at or what to check to find out the reason for this poor Performance.
I'm using Windows 10, maybe the reason is located here?
I'm using SourceTree 1.7, but also with the latest Version (1.9) there is no difference.
Would be great if s.o. could help!
Since Windows 10 Anniversary Edition was released, lots of folks are reporting really odd issues with SourceTree related to performance, UI oddities, etc. I use SourceTree on Windows 10 and have updated to the Anniversary Edition and do not see these issues with SourceTree. However, I see many similar issues with almost every other application that I use regularly from Outlook 2016 to Visual Studio 2015 to my UC client (Jabber) and even WebEx.
Long story short, I am ditching Windows 10 and going back to Windows 7. I strongly suspect it is at the root of odd application behavior being reported to software producers around the world.
I have the same problem. I don't think it is Windows 10 Anniversary as it has been constantly a struggle after that. It was working fine until I made an update, should have known better to leave it alone as the old version was working perfectly.
Is it possible to downgrade/install older versions to see where this perf issue started?
On Windows 10 x64 with SourceTree v18.104.22.168 I the app was slow for me too. Would take 3-5 seconds or more for SourceTree to scan and detect file changes even in small repos with only a hundred text files of 300 lines or less each. Trying to open another bookmarked repo would sometimes freeze the app entirely.
I then noticed that the embedded Git version was out of date so I updated it and after restarting SourceTree now everything is snappy again.
Coincidence or perhaps related to this conversation, worth a shot to make sure not only is SourceTree current but the embedded Git is current too.
Tools > Options > Git
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot