Sourcetree installation not working

Kiran Barik November 21, 2017

We tried to load scripts but something went wrong.

Please make sure that your network settings allow you to download scripts from the following domain:

https://common-admin-cdn.atlassian.com/atlassian-id/front-end/2.1.3

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi

Were you able to complete you registration?

If not please try the following:

Workaround

At a minimum IE needs to be configured as follows:
- Cog/Internet options/Security settings need to be enabled
- Misc/Access data sources across domains
- Misc/Allow META-REFRESH
- Scripting/Active Scripting
- The browser mode set to 10
- The document mode set to 10
These can be set using the F12 developer tools.
Those are the settings that matter. It should also be able to set them indirectly by:
- making sure https://id.atlassian.com is NOT set to be rendered in Compatibility Mode
- Set Cog/Internet options/Security to Medium-High

BrunoSaraiva January 29, 2018

Came to this thread after facing the exact same problem.

The answer above implies that the PC have Internet Explorer.

Our company's PC do NOT have IE installed in our Windows machines. Is that a requirement for using SourceTree?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

We are actively investigating into this area but for current releases, yes IE is a requirement.

The WPF webview component in use in Sourcetree relies on IE.

BrunoSaraiva February 1, 2018

Thanks Michael,

I eventually created a new post specifically asking about IE as a requirement, and marked the reply there as accepted.

However, allow me to share the thought that "it gets worse than this": I ended up installing IE just to use SourceTree, much to my dislike...

If you follow the sign-in process, being IE a browser that has never been used in this PC, Google prompts the user to enter not only the email, but next the Google password. There is ZERO visual notice that one is actually in a secure Google site - that window could be anything fishing for one's gmail pwd!

I won't question Atlassian's integrity, I'm sure the page I see there is Google's - but in a word of digital threats, it would be much safer to stop the process and give up (again) on SourceTree.

Just trying to help with a feedback.

Regards

Bruno

minnsey
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2018

Thanks for the additional feedback, this is an area we are actively looking at currently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events