Sourcetree hangs on installation windows 7 IE 11

Dale Walkowicz February 21, 2019

Run SourceTreeSetup-3.0.17.exe

Get to Registration screen and click "Bitbucket"

Launches IE and login successful

Authentication Successful

SourceTree has been successfully authenticated. You may now close this page.

Installer stays on Registration page and Next button never becomes active

Tried Uninstall, clear IE catch, etc. many times.  Nothing works.

Help!

1 answer

1 vote
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hi

We can't currently reproduce this at the moment, can you try changing your default browser to something other than IE?

Olli Kallioinen April 24, 2019

I'm experiencing the same problem with 3.1.2. I'm guessing it's probably some kind of company firewall/proxy issue.

It's strange that the browser connects to localhost OK, but our company has all kind of restrictions for network usage and they are somehow interfering with the rest of the registration process.

I have to say that even though I really like Sourcetree I can't recommend it to my friends/co-workers because requiring registration is such a dick move (In addition to not actually working in our company network).

Juha June 19, 2019

I'm experiencing the same problem with versions 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. I have Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 and my default browser is Google Chrome (the latest version).

I have only Bitbucker remote repository in Sourcetree program and I don't have connect it to local working directory. I have used Sourcetree program in my local working directories and repositories. Sourcetree program hangs when its window is behind the others windows after a few minutes. Then I must I kill SourceTree.exe process.

I started Sourcetree program again and I deleted all local working directory bookmarks. After that I hided Sourcetree window behind the other windows and waited...

Sourcetree programs hanged but now I see also window with title "Accept server's key?" and it says "The key for the server 'github.com' hasn't been cached yet, and this has caused the process to fail. ...". One of my delete local working directory was made by external git.exe program and that directory was connect to remote repository (github.com). In my Windows 7 process list has couple of git.exe process even I have didn't use Git for Windows program.

I think that hangs of program cause that "Accecpt server's keys?" window is missing when Sourcetree program is behind the others windows.

Shahzeb Malik January 13, 2020

Also experiencing this issue.

Like Valentin likes this
Dor_Ben-Dayan March 19, 2020

I am experiencing the same issue.

sourcetree installation wont continue after "austhentication successful" and "next" button remains inactive.

I have tried this with both chrome and ie11.

I have tried clearing cache, removing appdata files, reducing internet security options to "low" but nothing worked.

user name and pass work well when connecting to website.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events