Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree git svn not working on OS X Mavericks?

Bogdan Oltean October 23, 2013

Pulling in a git svn repository gives following error:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree svn rebase

Can't locate SVN/Core.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/git/lib/perl5/site_perl /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/lib/perl5/site_perl /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git/SVN/Editor.pm line 5.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git/SVN/Editor.pm line 5.

Compilation failed in require at /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 81.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 81.

Completed with errors, see above

In terminal git svn works just fine. Also I reinstalled Sourcetree but it doesn't help.

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas Hoffmann October 23, 2013

Following that article and using system git in Sourcetree solved that for me:

blog.victorquinn.com/fix-git-svn-in-mountain-lion

Jason Kurian January 28, 2014

This worked for me too, thank you! Do you have any idea why I might be having branching issues:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree checkout -b http --track http 
fatal: Cannot setup tracking information; starting point 'http' is not a branch.
Completed with errors, see above

2 votes
drogar October 25, 2013

I was able get it working without changing from SourceTree's included git by making the links in slightly different locations. The commands I used were:

mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
cd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level/SVN SVN
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/ auto

Depending on your treatment of /usr/local, you may not need the sudo.

Imran Saadi July 23, 2014

Thank you!! This was the fix that worked for me.

jamesdlow October 22, 2014

I had to use this method, since the link @Andreas Hoffmann only linked the /auto/SVN, and I also need the /SVN to get it to work with Sourcetree 2.0.2 on Yosemite.

1 vote
Pierre Büttner February 5, 2015

Hello Gents,

I´m working with the current version of Mavericks as well as XCODE and SourceTree.

After I have installed all packages I have had add the git folder and afterwards I have set the symlinks.

But if I try to clone a repository, I got the following message:

'tempfile' can't be called as a method at /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git.pm line 1042.

Can anybody help?

Cheers,

Pierre

0 votes
Fredrik_Ålund August 26, 2019

I still get this error with the latest version of Sourcetree and macOS Mojave. Git-svn from the command line works just fine. Is this not solved yet?

0 votes
borgardsd February 17, 2015

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem as Pierre, OS 10.10 and current versions of Xcode and SourceTree.

'tempfile' can't be called as a method at /usr/local/git/lib/perl5/site_perl/Git.pm line 1094.

Can anybody help?

Thanks, Dietmar

borgardsd February 17, 2015

Command line from Terminal works... :(

Mac User September 21, 2015

Hi Dietmar, Did you get any solution ? I am getting same error and command line works for me too.

0 votes
nekno November 6, 2013

I was able to get it working by using the blog post from @Andreas, with one additional link to the git share folder to eliminate all errors/warnings. The benefit of using the symbolic links as outlined in the blog post is that it keeps all the links specific to the 5.16 version of Perl, instead of taking over your default /usr/local/ install.

Unfortunately, it didn't work to link to the git included in SourceTree by just linking /usr/local/git to /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local. It doesn't include Perl 5.16.

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/git
sudo ln -s /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/share /usr/local/git/share
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level/SVN /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/SVN
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/SVN/ /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/auto/SVN

Update as of Mac OS 10.10.2, Xcode 6.2, Perl 5.18, SourceTree 2.0.5.2:

Xcode 6.2 now includes Perl 5.18:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/git
sudo ln -s /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/share /usr/local/git/share
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/SVN /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/SVN
sudo ln -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/SVN/ /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/auto/SVN

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events