Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree git cloning warning: templates not found

st March 5, 2014

Using embedded-git v1.8.4.2 in sourcetree, when i clone repository i receive this warning:

warning: templates not found /usr/local/git/share/git-core/templates

Welcome your advice...something related to PATH settings?

5 answers

13 votes
Gordon Kam March 8, 2014

I have the same problem when cloning the Git repo from bitbucket. I just let it continue running for 5-10 minutes, it will clone the repo eventually. This is what I get afterwards.

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree submodule update --init --recursive

Completed successfully

4 votes
st March 24, 2014

Thanks for replying. Tried but waiting didn't resolve. Closed Sourcetree and just used git in terminal and cloning works perfectly. So there must be something with Sourcetree. Will stick to using git in terminal.

1 vote
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

You can try using system git if SourceTree is using embedded git in Preference window -> Git and see if it works.

anicapil June 29, 2018

Thanks a lot MBS. Your comments helped me as clone wasn't working for me using both source tree and bash. But changing embedded to system helped me. 

Azadeh January 19, 2019

Same here, was experiencing same issue and works perfectly now. Thanks!

1 vote
Chris Bennell December 21, 2015

I had the same problem, I saw that it had created the folder and the hidden git subfolder but nothing else. I cancelled and chose the "checkout existing" tab and selected the folder it had just created, then clicked checkout and it pulled the source down right away.

Shakhawat Amin August 15, 2018

Hello @Chris Bennell,
I did not yet your answer. Can you explain a bit. How to choose "checkout existing"?

0 votes
aareeph August 31, 2018

Try downloading repository with GitHub Desktop application.

https://desktop.github.com/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events