It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree failed to login to bitbucket

Hi, 

I have checked my authentification by going to tools>Authentification using password check and even did a OAuth check. The checked and approved status is set to my default bitbucket profile on source tree. Everytime I do a fetch on source tree it asks for a username and password and when inserting my password in anyway it says that it failed to login. 

Exact error message : 
Logon failed, use ctrl+c to cancel basic credential prompt.
remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://B-----------@bitbucket.org/B--------/m----------.git/'

I dont know what more to do.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Managed to get help outside of this community help page. Nobody seems to be active here. 

Posting my solution in the hopes that it helps somebody else in the future that has the same issue. 

Problem : Something gets conflicted or corrupted in the saved passwords and authentification files. 

Solution : 
1. In sourcetree -> tools -> Options -> Authentifications. 
Clear everything, even not bitbucket related (Dont forget to write down your saved items to place back later)

2. Close sourcetree

3. C\Users\[OwnerName]\AppData\Local\Altassian\Sourcetree
Find a file called "passwd" and delete that. 

4. Start Sourcetree
Go to Authentification again and insert the OAuth of your bitbucket (Be sure to be logged into bitbucket on your browser before you click Authenticate. )

5. Do a fetch on the repo giving you pains. It should ask you for your password. Once you have entered your password be patient, the fetch will take longer than usual but should work without constantly saying that you dont have correct username and password. 

Hope this helps. 

@altassian : Get your shite together man. According to google searches this bug has been active since early 2015. Its December 2018 man. 

This worked for me! thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,917 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you