Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree doesn't reopen project at startup

Jonathan Edwards June 16, 2013

I have this option checked in settings, and it used to work, but it doesn't anymore. Stopped working after I deleted my mercurial repository and created a git. Now I always get the bookmarks window showing a single repository.

8 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Edwards June 17, 2013

OK thanks, I understand. Please consider this a feature request: allow the user to override this system-wide setting. I really don't want Preview or Word reopening old docs, but I always use sourcetree on the same projects.

Thanks, Jonathan

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

The update for this will be released in version 1.6.3 this week.

3 votes
Nitai July 27, 2013

This is very bad. Please set it back to the way it was. I "hate" that MacOS X tries to open all my windows on restart of a an application, thus I've turned this feature off.

As a consequent SourceTree does not open my Bookmark window anymore. Meaning, every time I open SourceTree I first need to go to "View" and "Show Bookmark" and then click on one of my 30 repositories.

Why the extra clicking? Why change it to Apple's standard? That is/was anyhow one of the worst "features" in MacOS X.

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Hi Nitai,

We totally understand and agree with you. A fix for this will be issued and will be released as part of 1.6.3 which should be out soon.

Thanks for giving us the feedback, we really appreciate it.

Cheers

1 vote
vitormf July 24, 2013

I share the same opinion

0 votes
vitormf July 29, 2013

Great! =)

0 votes
Nitai July 29, 2013

Hi Kieran,

This is very good news. I relay on ST every day. Thanks a lot and thank you for giving us such an awesome tool.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

Hi Jonathan,

We changed the way window re-opening works in a recent version as it now abides (correctly) to your OS preferences instead now. If you go into System Preferences and go to the General settings there's a "Close windows when quitting an application" setting. If this is turned on then your windows won't be restored on startup.

The preference in SourceTree was left behind for 10.6 users, however this will now be disabled in the next release of SourceTree for users using 10.7+ as it's no long applicable. We correctly adhere to the system preference instead now.

Hope that helps

0 votes
Jonathan Edwards June 17, 2013

Sure:

1) OS X 10.8.4

2) Yes, deleted Hg repo and created git in same directory. Don't remember what I did with the bookmarks.

I just deleted the bookmark, opened the repository, and it asked to create a bookmark, and I let it. Still doesn't auto-open.

Thx, Jonathan

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2013

Can you give some more details please:

1. What version of Mac OS X you're running
  2. When you deleted one repo and created another, was the path the same? If so did you re-import it to the bookmarks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events