Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree doesn't reopen project at startup on Windows

egoulet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2019

I have the setting "Re-open reposistory tabs at startup" but when I start Sourcetree my repository is not open.

Environment

Sourcetree version: 3.1.3

Windows: Windows 10 Enterprise 

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Ingram
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2020

I had the same on 3.3.8, had to reopen repos everytime. Then I found the option to re-open tabs at startup....! I'd like to think this got turned off with an update, but it could have been fat fingers!

Tools > Options > General > Repo Settings - 5th checkbox down

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Hello!

It sounds like the open tabs are not being saved to disk -- could you do the following for me?

• Open Sourcetree and open some tabs
  • Close Sourcetree
  • Find the open tabs file under "C:\Users\USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Local\Sourcetree\opentabs.xml"
  • Check the contents and see if your tabs got saved

If they got saved but are still not loading then this might be a bug on our end.

Thanks!

BenHT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 19, 2020

I had this on a new Windows 10 install until I closed it and re-opened it. 

I wonder if it doesn't always get the chance to save the tabs on Windows shutdown.

Mark Derbecker April 10, 2020

Same here-- had to shut down via the File menu and then things came up the way I'd expect.

Note that I do not see an opentabs.xml in the location that Mike specifies, I'm on Sourcetree 3.3.8.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events