It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree doesn't reopen project at startup on Windows

I have the setting "Re-open reposistory tabs at startup" but when I start Sourcetree my repository is not open.

Environment

Sourcetree version: 3.1.3

Windows: Windows 10 Enterprise 

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Jun 14, 2019

Hello!

It sounds like the open tabs are not being saved to disk -- could you do the following for me?

• Open Sourcetree and open some tabs
  • Close Sourcetree
  • Find the open tabs file under "C:\Users\USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Local\Sourcetree\opentabs.xml"
  • Check the contents and see if your tabs got saved

If they got saved but are still not loading then this might be a bug on our end.

Thanks!

I had this on a new Windows 10 install until I closed it and re-opened it. 

I wonder if it doesn't always get the chance to save the tabs on Windows shutdown.

Same here-- had to shut down via the File menu and then things came up the way I'd expect.

Note that I do not see an opentabs.xml in the location that Mike specifies, I'm on Sourcetree 3.3.8.

I had the same on 3.3.8, had to reopen repos everytime. Then I found the option to re-open tabs at startup....! I'd like to think this got turned off with an update, but it could have been fat fingers!

Tools > Options > General > Repo Settings - 5th checkbox down

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,910 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you