Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree does not work with SSH (plink)

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2018

Hello,

if I try to connect to bitbucket with sourcetree (version 3.0.12) via ssh (plink) I only get the error message:

Server refused our key

I have set the putty/pageant option in Sourcetree.

Pageant is running and keys are loaded.
The key was added to my bitbucket account.It works with a different key on a different PC and it works on this PC with SSH (but the Sourcetree support for SSH is very poor, the key has to be added manual after every new start of sourcetree).Were is the problem, how can it be fixed?Regards!    Stefan

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hello! Sounds like you have the wrong keypair loaded, or the wrong key loaded in Bitbucket/locally. Make sure you double check and see if they match.

Under "Tools > Options > General"  there's a 'SSH Client Configuration' area where you can set your SSH key to load on startup.

Stefan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2019

hecked it not only twice but much more often. That is not the problem...

(And the problem with the 'SSH Client Configuration' is, that it only loads the ssh keys in pageant, but not if you use the openSSH mode)

Rick Runowski May 5, 2022

Just to dredge this up again, but also not working for me.  Any chance we can get a solution to this.  My system was working fine until I allowed my SourceTree to update, now it's not working.

Like ilikecheese8888 likes this
AdamX August 4, 2022

I also use Sourcetree and generated keys via the link and got same issue.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-an-ssh-key/#Set-up-SSH-with-Sourcetree-on-Windows

I just found the problem is the SSH mode.

If you follow this instruction and select OpenSSH in Tools>Options>General>SSH Client, it will work. 

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-an-ssh-key/#Set-up-SSH-for-Git-on-Windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events