Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree does not remember ssh-key when using multiple keys

stingray21 October 9, 2018

I'm using Sourcetree with openssh on Win10. When I have only one ssh key added everything works like expected. I can push to my remote repos and it also works after restarting Sourcetree. Some of my keys are with a password and after starting Sourcetree, the command prompt pops up asking me to enter the password for the key.

As soon as I add another ssh-key, it only works until I restart Sourcetree. Before restarting it works, but after restarting there is only a quick flash of the command prompt, and then I cannot not push to any repo with either key.  

I just get the popup that I need to add a key. Even though the keys are already listed in Options -> SSH key (separated by ;).

Outside of Sourcetree (e.g. in Git Bash) it always works.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

Hello! This issue was fixed in the 3.0 update. You can find it here.

Release notes here

stingray21 October 17, 2018

Thank you for the reply. Is the 3.0 update a stable release? I installed it and I am not able to maximize or access it once I minimized the window.  

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2018

It should be. I can't reproduce this issue on my machine, could you give me more details?

• OS version
  • Screen resolution and DPI of all displays
  • If you have any programs that manipulate your windows (apps that add tabs or fences or things like that)

Thanks!

stingray21 October 18, 2018

Win 10 (1809 build 17758.1)

2 displays with FullHD each

not aware of any programs that manipulate windows

I uninstalled v3 and reinstalled 2.6 (runs normal), then reinstalled v3 and got same behaviour (unable to access window after minimizing it)

stingray21 November 8, 2018

I tried today v3.0.8, same issue. SourceTree 3 is the only program on my machine having this issue. 

Should I open a separate ticket?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2018

We've been able to narrow this issue down and have a fix coming soon. For now, just make sure the setting "Refresh when application is not in focus" is checked under "Options".

stingray21 November 8, 2018

Thanks, that works :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events