Sourcetree, default branch setting

Is there a way to set the log view default branch to current branch instead of all branches?

16 answers

This is really sloppy Atlassian. It has been over 3 years. What is going on?

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Mar 03, 2014

Hey Dan, at the top of the log there is a drop down menu that is set to "All Branches" by default. You can change that to "Current Branch" and the log will only show commits from the checkout branch. Is that what you're trying accomplish?

I think my issue is that whenever I double tap a branch in the navigator, it switches to all branches, which I don't like. I can work around this by right clicking the branch and select checkout branch, but it would be nice for it not to switch the setting.

0 vote
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Mar 04, 2014

Ah! I see that behaviour too. I'm not sure if that's a feature or a bug, but you may want to open up a JIRA request to fix/implement it.

It seemed way too difficult to open a "JIRA request" for this, but I really cheer for this, would be a very useful feature!

+1 from me. Makes viewing the log MUCH easier.

+10 like steve said, but more votes

+1 here as well. Would love this. All of my colleagues are always manually switching back to "Current Branch" as well. This would save a lot of time while sifting through commits across the dozens of branches folks create over time.

+1 Would be great if there was an option to persist the branch view.

+1 Would love to have this integrated! Using SourceTree at work as we're fully integrating Atlassian, used Tower before this and was default behaviour.

+1 to this, it's incredibly confusing when ALL branches are shown when clicking through branches. That's the main reason why we're switching through the branches, right?

+1 totally agreed, it is frustrating, why is this not fixed yet?

Is it gonna fixed any time soon?

+1 In my opinion there are two issues here:

1. You cannot set that default yourself - that's a missing feature
  2. But the fact that after I do change it manually, I expect it to stay this way! and not revert back to the default and annoying "All Branches" option. That's definitely a bug!

+1 Need this badly. Frustrating.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

560 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you