Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree, default branch setting

Dan Katz March 3, 2014

Is there a way to set the log view default branch to current branch instead of all branches?

24 answers

8 votes
Graham Mickle August 11, 2017

This is really sloppy Atlassian. It has been over 3 years. What is going on?

4 votes
guyarazd September 19, 2016

+1 In my opinion there are two issues here:

1. You cannot set that default yourself - that's a missing feature
  2. But the fact that after I do change it manually, I expect it to stay this way! and not revert back to the default and annoying "All Branches" option. That's definitely a bug!

1 vote
Alex April 22, 2020

+1 for me. 6 years later, such a small issue is still not solved. Maybe it's time to find another Git UI...

1 vote
Keith Wedinger August 6, 2018

+1 While it is true that one can change the view to Current Branch, this change does not stick. Please add an option to default to Current Branch and to default All Parents to First Parent.

1 vote
Steve Daly July 16, 2015

+1 from me. Makes viewing the log MUCH easier.

1 vote
Jouni Alanen March 31, 2015

It seemed way too difficult to open a "JIRA request" for this, but I really cheer for this, would be a very useful feature!

1 vote
Dan Katz March 4, 2014

I think my issue is that whenever I double tap a branch in the navigator, it switches to all branches, which I don't like. I can work around this by right clicking the branch and select checkout branch, but it would be nice for it not to switch the setting.

0 votes
sgc109 June 14, 2021

+1

0 votes
Tal Saiag January 19, 2021

+1

0 votes
kanpeki May 12, 2020

+1 

Ravaelles July 23, 2020

Please. Please. It's been 6 years and it's a SINGLE FEATURE I'M DOING ALL THE TIME!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

0 votes
guyarad December 7, 2019

Seriously atlassian? You don't have the resources to add one small feature that we've been waiting for so long?

Got it... I'll do my thinking.

0 votes
Deleted user October 19, 2018

+1 for me.  Apparently there's an ER that was opened in 2016 for this issue -- make sure to vote for that, as well.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-3560

Brian Boyd December 7, 2019

And they've Closed this JIRA, and marked it as Unresolved!  We shouldn't expect this to be changed any time soon, disappointing since this is clearly a frustrating aspect of SourceTree.  Oh well, another reason to find another git UI ...

Like guyarad likes this
guyarad December 7, 2019

Recommendations for Mac?

0 votes
Phillip Molaro August 24, 2018

4 Yrs later, this is still an issue / inconvenience for users.  The current behavior is fine, just add a preference for us to choose what we want it to default to.  Thats all we really need. PLEASE.

0 votes
pricketts January 26, 2017

+1 Need this badly. Frustrating.

0 votes
Alicia Collymore September 21, 2016

+1

0 votes
baljitkarwal August 21, 2016

Is it gonna fixed any time soon?

0 votes
Samuel Maljaars April 20, 2016

+1 totally agreed, it is frustrating, why is this not fixed yet?

0 votes
Kyle Taylor April 5, 2016

+1 to this, it's incredibly confusing when ALL branches are shown when clicking through branches. That's the main reason why we're switching through the branches, right?

0 votes
Ollie Monk October 11, 2015

+1 Would love to have this integrated! Using SourceTree at work as we're fully integrating Atlassian, used Tower before this and was default behaviour.

0 votes
tom marthaler August 6, 2015

+1 Would be great if there was an option to persist the branch view.

0 votes
emoryalimam July 17, 2015

+1 here as well. Would love this. All of my colleagues are always manually switching back to "Current Branch" as well. This would save a lot of time while sifting through commits across the dozens of branches folks create over time.

0 votes
ssteele July 16, 2015

+10 like steve said, but more votes

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2014

Ah! I see that behaviour too. I'm not sure if that's a feature or a bug, but you may want to open up a JIRA request to fix/implement it.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2014

Hey Dan, at the top of the log there is a drop down menu that is set to "All Branches" by default. You can change that to "Current Branch" and the log will only show commits from the checkout branch. Is that what you're trying accomplish?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events