Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree cannot list all changes

YOUWEI QIN August 23, 2015

Hi all,

When I use sourcetree to view all the changes and modifications for a file, I encountered a problem. Sourcetree is unable to list all the changes between two commits. I suspect it is because I have too manly line in my file (over 10000).

Is there any options that can ask sourcetree to display all the changes for a file with tons of lines.

Cheers,

Youwei

1 answer

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

Diff limits can be set in Options > Diff. I don't believe the limit can be removed entirely because SourceTree has serious performance issues with large diffs. You can always use the right-click menu to launch the diff in an external viewer, which should include all changes.

YOUWEI QIN August 24, 2015

Thanks Seth. Options > Diff works for me. However, when I right-clicked the external diff, nothing happens. Do you know if there any software we need to install to use this behavior? Currently I am using winmerge. Cheers, Youwei

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2015

Winmerge should work, but it needs to be configured in that same Options > Diff tab.

YOUWEI QIN August 25, 2015

Thanks very much. It works fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events