Sourcetree, cannot clone/pull anymore. sh.exe.stackdump

Well since yesterday I haven't been able to Clone any new Repos and I haven't been able to pull from any of the once I have been using. Everything worked fine before but it seems (to me) that it randomly stopped working.

I also noticed a file named "sh.exe.stackdump" is being created in every repo I have cloned, no idea where it came from

Here is an example of an error I get when I'm Cloning, I have no idea what they mean so I was hoping to get some help here :)

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false clone --recursive https://github.com/UglyOldGuy/BoL e:\Users\Saftsnubben\Desktop\Buckets\Test
Cloning into 'e:\Users\Saftsnubben\Desktop\Buckets\Test'...

m.AllocationBase 0x9F0000, m.BaseAddress 0x9F0000, m.RegionSize 0x4000, m.State 0x1000

C:\Users\Saftsnubben\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap (0x9F0000 <0xA00000>) in child, Win32 error 0

0 [main] sh 11288 sync_with_child: child 11836(0x100) died before initialization with status code 0x1
     11 [main] sh 11288 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
C:\Users\Saftsnubben\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local/libexec/git-core\git-submodule: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Completed with errors, see above.

Regards

Anders

3 answers

1 accepted

Nevermind, somehow solved it by reinstalling sourcetree.

Even if the Question is old.
Update the embedded Git-Version via

Tools => Options => Git => Update embedded Git

helps.

This saved my bacon! Everyone of the other solutions I found did nothing.

Yeah, I started see this sh.exe.stackdump in every folder, updating embedded Git solved this.

Thanks!

Tried re-booting, re-installing source tree did not help.  But updating the embedded Git did it. You saved my day 

I recently ran into this, and I was able to determine that Removing or Deleting the sh.exe.stackdump file causes this error. 

So far, the only solution I can find is  

1) Uninstalling SourceTree and anything to do with Git.

2) Restarting the computer

3) Re-installing everything you unistalled

This is the only solution that worked for me; thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

231 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot