Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree, cannot clone/pull anymore. sh.exe.stackdump

Anders Hvid November 12, 2013

Well since yesterday I haven't been able to Clone any new Repos and I haven't been able to pull from any of the once I have been using. Everything worked fine before but it seems (to me) that it randomly stopped working.

I also noticed a file named "sh.exe.stackdump" is being created in every repo I have cloned, no idea where it came from

Here is an example of an error I get when I'm Cloning, I have no idea what they mean so I was hoping to get some help here :)

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false clone --recursive https://github.com/UglyOldGuy/BoL e:\Users\Saftsnubben\Desktop\Buckets\Test
Cloning into 'e:\Users\Saftsnubben\Desktop\Buckets\Test'...

m.AllocationBase 0x9F0000, m.BaseAddress 0x9F0000, m.RegionSize 0x4000, m.State 0x1000

C:\Users\Saftsnubben\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local\bin\sh.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap (0x9F0000 <0xA00000>) in child, Win32 error 0

0 [main] sh 11288 sync_with_child: child 11836(0x100) died before initialization with status code 0x1
     11 [main] sh 11288 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
C:\Users\Saftsnubben\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\git_local/libexec/git-core\git-submodule: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Completed with errors, see above.

Regards

Anders

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anders Hvid November 13, 2013

Nevermind, somehow solved it by reinstalling sourcetree.

10 votes
TheC July 22, 2016

Even if the Question is old.
Update the embedded Git-Version via

Tools => Options => Git => Update embedded Git

helps.

etlecho September 29, 2016

This saved my bacon! Everyone of the other solutions I found did nothing.

Fabio December 2, 2016

Yeah, I started see this sh.exe.stackdump in every folder, updating embedded Git solved this.

Thanks!

PadamB April 6, 2017

Tried re-booting, re-installing source tree did not help.  But updating the embedded Git did it. You saved my day 

0 votes
Rod Barnes October 5, 2018

Adding another solution:  I downloaded Git directly (2.19.1) and then in SourceTree switched from [Embedded] to [System].  This worked for me.

Why? Because I tried the [Update Embedded] option (twice) and it wouldn't finish.  Or, rather, it finished (no errors) but did not change the version of the embedded Git despite restarting SourceTree.

0 votes
David Shaskin December 17, 2014

I recently ran into this, and I was able to determine that Removing or Deleting the sh.exe.stackdump file causes this error. 

So far, the only solution I can find is  

1) Uninstalling SourceTree and anything to do with Git.

2) Restarting the computer

3) Re-installing everything you unistalled

Chris Branch April 6, 2017

This is the only solution that worked for me; thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events