Sourcetree automatically pushes changes after pull?

Ronald Nikkels January 27, 2015

Since one of the latest updates of sourcetree I have the issue that when I commit my changes and the do a pull (with rebase), my changes get pushed automatically. However, according to the the client there is still a push waiting. But in the branch description I already see my changes. And when I try to push my changes, it raises an error (ofcourse, coz my changes are already there), but I have to do so, otherwise sourcetree keeps showing the push request.

9 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

That looks like what I'd expect. Your changes appear to be committed to your local branch ("master"), but the remote branch is one commit behind ("origin/master"). You said you get an error when you push. What is that error message?

0 votes
Ronald Nikkels January 29, 2015

Thanks, your answer taught me to read :) It turns out some other pieces in the repo causes the error and this coincided with an update of sourcetree, sorry for the bother

0 votes

sourcetree.png

0 votes

I couldn't do it yesterday, coz i have not enough point to do something here more that 3 times a day :)

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

Can you upload a screenshot of what it looks like after you've done a pull/rebase?

0 votes

Yeah, I also thought of that. So I checked and double checked :) Tnx for the quick reply though. It's kind of annoying not blocking or anything

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2015

That was the only semi-reasonable explanation I had in mind...

0 votes

No, I don't, deliberately, coz I always do a rebase when pulling and that can cause confilcts.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2015

Do you maybe have the "Push changes automatically..." option on in the commit dialog?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events