Sourcetree asks to configure remote settings on every pull request

Almost every time I make a pull request, I get message "you don't have any remotes which have extended integration settings configured, you need to edit your remotes to add details such as the hosting type and base URL. Click the settings button to open your remote list."

When I open settings, everything is correct. If I click edit, then I don't edit anything and click ok, after that pull request works. If I make another pull request right after that, it works, but if I wait for example one day, then it asks to configure again.

7 answers

2 votes
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2018

Hello! This has been a tough one to debug on our end. To attempt to address the issue, we've made a change that will be rolled out in the 2.5 release. Hopefully this will solve it. Please follow this issue for progress.

Thanks, @Mike Corsaro.  I appreciate the info.  It's nice to know that you're aware.  If I can provide any of my system info -- within security reasoning, of course -- just ask.

0 vote
Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2017

Hello! Which version of Sourcetree are you running, and on which OS? Thanks!

Windows, version 2.1.10.0.

Mike Corsaro Atlassian Team Aug 23, 2017

Is the extended integration with stash, bitbucket, or github?

I was hoping someone would have solved this because the same thing has been happening to me with the extended integration options for Stash.  Version 2.3.1.0.  Although it's not quite every pull request.  It will hold for a while but reset itself eventually.  It's not updating the config files when I save the changes even though I'm running it as admin, and so I wonder if that's the problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Does anyone know the format to manually update the config file for Stash extended options?

Yup, I'm getting the same thing for my company's on-prem stash server. I have to set the `host type` and `host root url` everytime I restart the program on every single repo.

Same issue for me: I have to set up Stash integration settings nearly every reboot. Though sometimes it disappears before reboot or is kept after reboot.

Tried update (several versions released since issues first appeared), complete reinstall, `sourcetreeconfig` removal. Nothing helped.

Issue still persists

Same thing here, Windows 10, SourceTree 2.3.5.0

Same here - been happening for quite some time across numerous SourceTree updates - including 2.4.8. Windows 10. 

Same here, it will happen on every new branch. When I have openend the settings menu, it will not be asked again for that branch.

Windows 10 - SourceTree 2.4.8.0

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 11, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: debugging Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows If you're reading this and it's not just educational… we know you're unhappy right now and apologize for that   We're dedicated to improving yo...

427 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you