Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree and Beyond Compare Diff/Merge reset all the time

Rob Vice January 17, 2019

The Beyond Compare executable always changes back to the incorrect one causing the diff to fail on more than one file.

Sourcetree does not appear to save the path correctly and I have to modify it almost every time I relaunch it.

Sourcetree should use BComp.exe and not BCompare.exe for the Diff. This is the same as the Merge tool, which does appear to work properly.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Vice March 18, 2019

Update to SourceTree 3.1.1

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2019

Hi

Can you check you are running v3.0.15 this loss of settings should be fixed in that release.

We are looking into the use of BComp.exe vs BCompae.exe as it appears to work correctly for us and looking at https://www.scootersoftware.com/v4help/index.html?command_line_reference.html other than opening an instance per comparison vs opening a tab per comparison they don't appear to operate differently. However if you have additional information  please let us know.

Rob Vice January 28, 2019

BComp must be used or every secondary diff will only load the right pane and not the left. I updated to 3.0.15 and this issue is still present.

I was told to use BComp.exe and not BCompare.exe by the folks at Beyond Compare.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Thanks for the information

Rob Vice January 30, 2019

Additionally, closing SourceTree and reopening it returns the Beyond Compare diff settings back to BCompare.exe (my original problem reported here).

I believe it relates to the way BCompare.exe only opens one window and BComp.exe pushes to the same open window: https://www.scootersoftware.com/v4help/index.html?calling_bc_from_other_applications.html

Rob Vice March 18, 2019

Looks like this is now fixed in 3.1.1 (per release notes and testing)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events