Sourcetree always asks my ssh passphrase

I work on some projects hosted on gitlab.com and I'm using ssh to connect to these repositories. In SourceTree, I checked the option to save my ssh passphrase, but at ever action I take, a popup asks for it again... That's very irritating!

How can I save the passphrase manually for that account

Note that the passphrase is saved for a project hosted on a custom gitlab installation though...

1 answer

0 vote

What OS platform and what version of Sourcetree are you using?

I'm on macOS High Sierra (Version: 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c)) an I'm using SourceTree 2.6.3 (134).

@Brian Ganninger

Do you have any idea what this is caused by and how to fix it? It really bothers me!

Can you please check if the ssh keys are loaded to the agent? You can do so by running below command on a terminal window.

ssh-add -l

It should list down the keys added to the agent. If you don't find anything listed, please add the key to the agent with the command below,

ssh-add <path_to_key>

That was indeed empty, I now added my ssh key and guess what, it works. Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

718 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you