Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree Notification

Arjun Jadhav July 24, 2018

I am new in this,

Suppose, i am working on abc.txt file on my local system and didn't commit my change. And another user also trying to modify same file, that time he will get notification or email,xyz user already working on it.

is it possible in sourcetree or you have any alternative for this issue.?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Hugo Zijlmans July 25, 2018

Can you please elaborate a bit? Are you using git and are you expecting this feature?

And another user also trying to modify same file, that time he will get notification or email,xyz user already working on it.

Arjun Jadhav July 25, 2018

Hi Hugo,

Yes, I am using Git and I am expecting this feature.

is any way to alert another user don't modified particular file something like.

Thanks

Hugo Zijlmans July 25, 2018

I guess you're looking for sharepoint or SVN 'lock' like feature. I don't think git allows you to 'lock' files. Pop-ups are also out of the question. I don't think you will find a feature like this in git. Especially on non text based document I do get you would want to but unfortunately it's not meant to do this. Just commit your changes, and the 'second' editor will see that something is up when he fetches and then tries to commit his changes based on previous commit (which precedes your changes).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13662255/is-there-a-way-to-lock-individual-files-or-directories-on-fork-when-using-github

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events