Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree Login

Michi_The_Sailor September 3, 2018

Ciao

After upgrading to sourcetree 2.6.10 I had to renew my credentials.

Therefore (following the result of other threats) I used the Atlassian account to login, resettet the password and my credentials are valid and I'm able to enter My Atlassian Webppage & Account.

But I I use that credentials (mailadress & password) on the sourcetree login I always get:
" Log in to continue - Log in with Atlassian account Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials."

Can somebody expalin wwhat I have to change/correct that I'm able to use sourcetree again...?

Thanks all for your support!

Kind regards

Michi from Vienna

Remarks: I'm using Windows 10 client for sourcetree

2 answers

0 votes
Michi_The_Sailor September 12, 2018

Any hints for me...   Login still not working :(

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hi Michi, welcome to the Community!

Is Internet Explorer updated to the latest version? Sourcetree relies on it for authentication and might throw errors if it's not the latest.

If you're in the latest IE and still unable to log in, please let us know so we can continue helping you!

Kind regards,

Ana

Michi_The_Sailor September 4, 2018

Ciao Ana,

Thanks for quick reply:

Usually I use the latest version of Firefox :)

But related Internet Explorer I has installed IE11.228.17134.0 (Update Version 11.0.80)

Is that fine or do I have to upgrade something?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hi Michael, that should be fine.

Are you still having issues to log in? If so, can you check the log? In Windows it's located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log

Can you also send us a screenshot of the error message you get?

Cheers!

Ana

Michi_The_Sailor September 5, 2018

Still the same :(

I resetted again the password to ensure using the correct one...

Afterwards using my credentials (mail & new password) after selecting to use Atlassian account and get again

Log in to continue - Log in with Atlassian account Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials.

The logfile shows

ERROR [2018-09-03 19:34:23,213] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Crash.BugSplat.CrashAnalyticsService] [DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler] - DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler for [Sourcetree, 2.6.10.0] called with [System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs]
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei SourceTree.ViewModel.RepositoryTabContainerViewModel.SaveOpenTabs()
   bei SourceTree.AppRoot.OnExit(ExitEventArgs e)
   bei SourceTree.App.OnExit(ExitEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
   bei System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
   bei System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(Object arg)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
ERROR [2018-09-05 10:50:38,442] [1] [SourceTree.Accounts.DefaultAccountPersistenceService] [LoadFromFile] - Unable to deserialize accounts from [C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\accounts.json] defaulting to empty and backing up file
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Unexpected end when deserializing array. Path '[0]', line 35, position 3.
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ThrowUnexpectedEndException(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Object currentObject, String message)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   bei SourceTree.Accounts.DefaultAccountPersistenceService.LoadFromFile(String filePath, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)

What to do?

Thanks
Michi

Btw. I tried to reinstall the old version the day before yesterday and had issues too, therefore now I deinbstalled again the old one and downloaded and installed the new version 2.6.10

I got an Crash Report after Closing the Login-Page & Sourcetree too....

Tried to reinstall new - Still same issue :(

Atlassian_Login.PNG

As requested the screenshot - My login data should be known by Atlassian only :o)
Thanks for any helpMichi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events