Sourcetree / Bitbucket Registration Issues

Matthew McDonnell November 20, 2019

I am attempting to open Sourcetree. I have yet to get past the registration part of the install. I have a created two bitbucket accounts so far. I am having an issue where I open sourcetree and in have to register a Bitbucket Server or Bitbucket account. If I click on the Bitbucket account, it opens a web browser and allows me to "Grant Access". Once I click this it re-directs me to "localhost:#####/?state=authenticated&code=###". At the same time, the sourcetree app changes from "waiting for authorization" to the previous page of selecting bitbucket server or bitbucket. The registration is somehow getting hung up. 

If I go to the BitBucket account and look into the Settings>ACCESS MANAGEMENT>OAuth>OAuth integrated applications, it tells me that I have "Sourcetree for Windows" granted as accessible. It also allows me to revoke this permission and I have tried countless ways of retrying this authorization by revoking and reapplying it. 

So I am left here with Sourcetree saying I havent registered, even though both of my Bitbuckets have shown me that I have. 

I have tried deleting and redownloading every program involved, I have done updates to other apps hoping it would work. Not sure what to do next here.

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew McDonnell November 20, 2019

Addition: Every once in a while, it will re-direct me to an "Access granted" page and says I can now close that webpage and continue, however the sourcetree app doesnt allow me to move forward.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events