Sourcetree Authentication with Google

LuisCarro July 22, 2020

Hi all.

Frankly I'm a little tired of this.

Authentication in SourceTree is a real problem when registering in Atlassian / Bitbucket is through a Google account.

I've already read responses on forums.
I've already asked questions in forums.
I've already followed tutorials.
And I don't know what else to do.

I am working with repositories that are in my account, all these repositories are in some namespace and in all of them I am an administrator.

Having been the one who created the repository and namespace in Bitbucket, when trying to clone the repository from Sourcetree it prompts for credentials that I don't have how to enter, I never entered a password in Bitbucket and I don't have a password to enter Sourcetree.

I have push pending on branches I have already been working on and they are almost finished. And I can't do it now!

"Clone in Sourcetree" does not work from the repository in Bitcuket.
"Bitbucket Login" from Sourcetree does not work even with correct OAuth credentials.
The app password I created in Bitbucket doesn't work.

Sourcetree shows the repositories, but when trying to clone them it asks for a password again. And there is no password! I am identified with a corporate Google account!
How is this resolved?
Why does Sourcetree, in the window that asks for the password, have a "Sign up for an account" link that authenticates me correctly and Sourcetree doesn't know anything?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events