We have the issue that some users are able to authenticate on Bitbucket Server using git or the weblogin, but not Sourcetree.
The error message is:
Failed to check login for user [username] You do not have permission to access URL 'https://.../rest/api/1.0/users/username' please check the user credentials associated with this account. The request returned with status code 'Unauthorized'. Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again.
We changed the Bitbucket server back to http and checked the http-traffic.
There we see for the authentication a Base64-String containing username and password.
This is the case for git as well as for Sourcetree.
But when decoding the Sourcetree Base64-String you can see that certain characters are replaced by "?". So far this is the case for "§" as well as for german umlauts (ä,ö,ü).
As git is doing the correct encoding this seems to be a Bug in Sourcetree.
This happens with 3.4.1 as well as 3.4.6.
For us the workaround is to avoid these characters in the password.
Not sure if there is another solution. But hopefully this informations helps others who are facing the same issue.
Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event