Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree 3.1.3 - Bookmark "Active Tabs" reverting to folder names after application relaunch

megabrian May 14, 2019

I'm loving the many improvements I'm seeing in the recent version of Sourcetree, but this bug is driving me crazy.

The open "tabs" in my Sourcetree, which are the "Bookmarks", are reverting to their respective folder names after application relaunch, instead of retaining their bookmark name.

So for example, I have 7 active website projects, on my windows computer it's always Client 1 > current (their theme folder, Client 2 > current, Client 3 > current etc, and now when I re-open Sourcetree all is current | current | current | current | current | current. 

I actually can't even tell what site is what even if I try to read the code and filenames because we use our company name for the theme name of all the custom themes we make.  I have no references to each client anywhere in the code and completely rely on the bookmark to know what I'm dealing with.  

Just to be fully clear, I always drag in my "current" folder in the local repos (when re-attaching existing local repos), then I right-click and rename from there as the Client Name. It looks great when I double-click with the client name as the Sourcetree active tab using the bookmark name.  I close and re-open Sourcetree and the folder name is now printed instead of the bookmark name.

This seems to be a glaring bug so hopefully this is enough to prompt a bug-patch in a near-future release.

2 answers

0 votes
karinmandix June 12, 2019

PLEASE hotfix it! It's driving me up the wall.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

Hello! Sorry about that -- we've released a beta of Sourcetree 3.2.0 that contains the fix, and even includes a dark theme. We expect the beta to have a general release in the next few weeks, but fill free to signup and give it a try in the meantime.

megabrian June 16, 2019

Visiting that link, I see "You do not have permission to access this content," with no options to join, sign up or apply.nopermission.png

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2019

Hello! This is a known issue and has been fixed for the next release (3.2). I know it's a pain, but the only current work-around is to just rename the folder and re-add the repository.

We're looking into possibly hot-fixing this issue -- I'll get back to you on that decision.

megabrian May 30, 2019

Ok glad the team is aware - thank you for the update.

megabrian August 5, 2019

Hi Mike,

Can you please give me the link to the beta of Sourcetree 3.2.0 that you mentioned elsewhere in this topic thread?

The google group is not accepting requests so I cannot access through that portal.  Visit this thread to see my other comment, maybe you weren't notified when I responded to your other answer.

Thank you

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2019

There's currently a crash with sidebar selection, so we're not progressing rollout until it's fixed (the new build will be out tomorrow). Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it will be worth it!

megabrian August 7, 2019

Is this the page I should be looking for the 3.2 version? https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives  Looks like it may have been postponed from yesterday?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
August 7, 2019

No, that's only for older versions (that page only gets updated once the progressive rollout is finished). However, you can find the latest release here (includes the fix mentioned).

megabrian August 11, 2019

Praise the lord!

karinmandix August 27, 2019

Amen!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events