Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree: 2 accounts, 2 different ssh keys, sourcetree always defaults to id_rsa.pub

DHB / FP April 7, 2018

Hi everyone,

well I have been looking through most of the community posts etc, but I could not find anything that would help me with my seemingly small problem:

Basically I have two Bitbucket accounts, one private and one for work. Both should use their dedicated ssh key (since you also can't use the same ssh key for different accounts on the bitbucket.org site).

However when adding/editing the accounts, I do not have the option to select or even generate an ssh key, instead, Sourcetree always defaults to id_rsa.pub. This means that I can work with my private repos, but I cannot clone nor use the ones from work.

Has anyone come across this and might know a way to fix this?

Running on MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3 with Sourcetree 2.7.1.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi Frank,

Sourcetree's visible SSH integration works like so:

• check for a Sourcetree generated key
  • check for a public key

Currently we don't parse out the configuration file to do further mapping in the UI. Under the covers Git/Mercurial will use the SSH configuration you've specified, we're not overriding anything… just not displaying a more custom set fully.

As always, please provide feedback with votes, comments, or new tickets at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE for us.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events