Sourcetree 2.3.5: Is there a simple way to show the full path location of the repository of my tab?

In version 2.0+ the bookmarks have been moved to tabs and the bookmarks overview to the new + tab. But I have bookmarks with the same name that are actually in a different file location. It would be nice if I could hover over the tab name and it shows the full path of the (local) repository or that the +tab shows the full path names of the local repositories as well.

Or do I miss something and is there a better way then right-click the bookmark and choose "Show in explorer", copy paste the path and rename the bookmark to the fullpath?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi,

There isn't at the moment, but that you for the suggestion. You can raise enhancement/new feature requests at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/SRCTREEWIN/

Thanks Michael, yes I copy pasted the question in JIRA.

1. Actually the + tab is very buggy. After I rename a bookmark via right click "Rename" to the full path, the selection of the bookmark is not cleared, so when I select another repository I have two blue selections. That is probably the reason why "Show In Explorer" keeps being grey after that moment. The workaround is to close the +tab and reopen it again (although sometimes I need to do that a few times after each other).
  2. Newly added repositories via file->open are not present on the +tab, also not after close and reopen the plus tab. Workaround is to drag them on the page instead.
  3. sometimes the rename option is grey as well (not sure, I believe I ran into this as well)

4.  Why is the "Remove bookmark from folder" option always grey?

5. The delete dialog box that pops-up after I right-click and select "Delete" is different when there is a refresh icon behind the repository name, in that case I can only delete the repository and there is no "Remove Bookmarks" button on the pop-up dialog.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you