Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree won't run

Andi Montador November 6, 2023

I'm trying to install SourceTree 3.4.15 on a windows 32-bit VM. This VM has had SourceTree installed previously and it (usually) worked fine. However each time I try to start the application it opens for a couple of seconds and then stops, with no error message.

I've tried uninstalling and deleting C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SourceTree. Then I removed all credentials that seem to have anything to do with atlassian using the Windows Credentials Manager. I disconnected the VM from the internet then I rebooted and tried reinstalling. No joy.

I've done lots of permutations of these actions: with and without internet, deleting only the cache files etc etc. Nothing has fixed the problem.

I looked in C:\Users\user<>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log and there are a couple of errors, here's the whole log:

2023-11-06T17:00:04: LogHost: Initializing to normal mode
ERROR [2023-11-06 17:00:25,012] [1] [SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager] [Log] - Unable to set owner as parent is not visible or non-existent
ERROR [2023-11-06 17:00:27,294] [1] [SourceTree.App] [Log] - Failed to start
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
at SourceTree.Security.PageantSshKeyAgent.Launch(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank, String keyfile)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank, String keyfile)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnboardIfRequired()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.<OnStartup>d__24.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at SourceTree.App.<OnStartup>d__9.MoveNext()

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events