SourceTree what files will be Pushed

Joe Smith February 5, 2018

Hi, 

When the Push badge indicates that files are ready to be pushed, how can I see what files will be pushed?   And revert the files to the remote archive version if needed?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Refael Raz April 25, 2021

I'd glad to get an answer as well

0 votes
Jay Philoon January 11, 2023

If you look at the local branch history tree, the most recent, unpushed commits will have a "develop" marker at the head.  Commits pushed to the server will have an "origin/develop" marker at the head.

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

The push badge indicates the number of local commits (not files individually) that have not been to a remote server.

There isn't an explicit way to filter commits based on whether or not they have been pushed though you can filter to a particular branch if that's what you've been working on primarily. 

The only way to undo is to "Reverse Commit…" but this will create another commit to track that reversal.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Chris Goodwin - x2256 June 18, 2020

I think I have the same question as Joe Smith and the response doesn't answer it for me.

My branch says there is a commit to be pushed and I want to see what files have been modified in that commit and what those mods are.

File status does not show any modified or staged files.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events