It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SourceTree username authentication grayed out

Hello, I was attempted to pull from a repository when it authenticated me to log in using my github username and password. After entering what I thought was my github username and password, it failed to authenticate, then I noticed that I was using the wrong username. It would have been convenient and also quick to simply change my username right there, but apparantly it is not so. How do I change my SourceTree github authentication?

2 answers

Try Tools->Options->Authentication tab. That's how I was able to solve this problem.

This solved my issue! Thanks a lot!

That's most straight forward solution, but... didn't work for me.

My old username that was greyed out wasn't displaying in the 'saved passwords' list so I couldn't remove it or edit it. Therefore, I found the following to work:

Reset the global settings by running:

git config --global user.name "NewUserName"
After that, restart SourceTree to check if it works.

Source: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/206806

I then managed to remove my old username from the 'saved passwords' list.

It helped remove record in tools -> options -> authentication, but didn't solve the problem. Still when trying to push to github it's passing old username and while I can type in correct password I can not change invalid username :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,970 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you