SourceTree totaly sucks

Denis Sachkov May 1, 2018

Each update of SourceTree breaks something. SourceTree cannot save password properly for github for Windows and Mac clients. It is real pain to use Source Tree.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Denis! I'm sorry to hear that. Can you elaborate a bit more? We'll be happy to help you with your issue:

1. Are you experiencing the same behaviour on both platforms (Windows and Mac)?
  2. Which Sourcetree version are you using?
  3. How are you trying to save your credentials? Are you following the instructions at Connect your account?
  4. Do you get any error message? Can you send us a screenshot of the error you get?

Best regards!

Ana

adafinei September 14, 2018

I agree (with the concept, although as a dev I think it's not kind to say someone's code "sucks"), but indeed the GUI lately is causing lots of frustration on basic usage. It does not scale well with the number of commits and branches. For instance the left panel keeps refreshing and folding/unfolding items. While it is doing so, sometimes the text in the commit massage disappears. Of course one does not write novels in the commit message, but still it's annoying...I use the 2.5.5.0.

I guess this is due to some fetch/refresh done in the background...

Kind regards,AD

Kalyan Dhara October 28, 2020

its is so intimidatingly annoying due to frequent crash and slowing down the machine if repository is large. not cool.

john lee April 19, 2021

Even the latest sourcetree client have the same issue, where the password is always using the wrong one after fixing, worst it retry so many time that every time locked my account. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events