SourceTree setup wizard is broken.

howlee January 3, 2017

I am trying to set up sourcetree on a new mac.

I run through the required 3 step setup wizard. 

At step 3, it asks me to connect my Atlassian account. I press "use existing account", and login in the resulting popup.

It shows me a mobile view of the "Manage you account" page, with a Save button, a mobile menu icon, and a "Cancel" button, and a Log out link. 

There is no "Next", or "Okay great I'm done now". So I have to either "Log out" or "Cancel". There is no way to finish the frieken wizard!!

sourcetree.png

This is bloody frustrating - what is going on?

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anton Trapp January 3, 2017

Same here. Try to quit the installer, restart it. If this does not help delete it and install new. After that it worked for me. They seem to have some serious bug here smile

howlee January 3, 2017

Yeh I got to the point where I just deleted the app and reinstalled, and this time it got passed that step smile

0 votes
Sarah Zumwalde January 18, 2022

This is still causing issues trying to setup SourceTree on Mac. I am unable to connect my account through the setup wizard and therefore unable to use the app for source control.

0 votes
Lee Salter August 9, 2017

Same here. Any ideas how to get this working?

0 votes
Thomas Townsend June 20, 2017

June 20, 2017 and is still broken on WOndwos too 

0 votes
TinkerBill January 6, 2017

Yup. same thing here on Mac OSX 10.11.6

0 votes
mark_fortner January 6, 2017

This is seriously broken. You can't upgrade SourceTree, and after you attempt to upgrade, it breaks the existing installation.  That's the fastest way to lose customers.  I don't see how this could be released.  

In addition to the problems noted above, when you attempt to go to MyAtlassian, it tries to download "unsecured javascript" according to Chrome. 

0 votes
sirenum January 4, 2017

Same here. Really Atlassian, this mandatory account thing is terribly stupid in the first place and now it doesn't even work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events