SourceTree repo-stash style solutions?

Oliver Smith November 14, 2016

Working on a feature, spot a piece of dead code, take me 5 seconds to remove and commit it. But it's not related to my feature.

Could remove & stash, but over the course of a feature, stash list can become quite long, and when working with a team, there might be frequent overlap. A shared, repos-based stash wouldn't help there because stashes aren't supposed to conflict.

So what I'm left with is the notion of having a "cleanup" workflow/branch, and as individuals work from ReleaseX branches, they can fire-off their cleanup touches like this to ReleaseX-cleanup.

Is such a thing possible with SourceTree? Commit to another branch (even if its very limited, still useful)?

1 answer

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Not really possible in Git, so not possible in SourceTree. You would need to switch to the other branch when you don't have anything else uncommitted (and hope that the file you modified is otherwise the same between the two branches), commit that file, then switch back.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events