Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree "abort: could not lock working directory of" error when PULLing changes

Adam Bohil June 11, 2018

Hello,

It's been a few months since I've used SourceTree, but this time it's throwing an error when I try to PULL changes for existing local repos:

hg pull -u C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\l5rpcxmz.xkc
pulling from C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\l5rpcxmz.xkc
abort: could not lock working directory of C:\Users\me\Documents\Source Code\MyProject: Permission denied
abort: could not lock working directory of C:\Users\me\Documents\Source Code\MyProject: Permission denied
Completed with errors, see above.

There have been no user changes on my local machine. Both the working directory and the .hg file have "full control" permissions for my user, the administrator's group (of which I am a member) and "SYSTEM". Also, I'm able to login to Bitbucket and access repos just fine. In fact, I'm able to clone successfully with TortoiseHg.  Additionally, I've attempted to run SourceTree as admin with the same result.

When I open a new tab in SourceTree (btw, I'm using the latest version - v2.6.3.0), click the "remote" option, right-click my username and "Edit Account", the window shows "Authentication OK" immediately. However, I'm unable to clone repos and get the following error:

hg clone https://my_username@bitbucket.org/MyOrg/myOtherProj "C:\Users\me\Documents\Source Code\TEST3"
abort: C:\Users\me\Documents\Source Code\TEST3\.hg\00changelog.i: Access is denied
Completed with errors, see above.

"Access is denied" and "Permission denied" seem to point to a permissions issue, but I'm not sure where to look at this point. I'd appreciate any point in the right direction.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

Hello! This sounds like it could be an anti-virus issue. Can you try just running that same clone command, but from the command-line in the destination directory?

Adam Bohil June 14, 2018

Thanks for your reply, Mike!

I was able to clone the repo via the command line.  I was also able to clone it using TortoiseHg.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events