SourceTree often crashed at commit & branch change

Hello,

my SourceTree keeps crashing in 70% of the times when I change a branch, commit or push something.

I always have to reopen ST and check if the files have been committed or pushed correctly and branches did not always change to the one I wanted. So I have to do it again, and ST sometimes crashes again.

The "Log file" that the Crashreporter shows can be found here: http://colibri-interactive.com/downloads/sourcetree/sourcetree-crash-report.txt

Unfortunately I was not allowed to past t as it contains "blacklisted words"...

8 answers

I can confirm this as well. I try to commit and crash. I'm also getting "questions marks" instead of checkboxes when selecting which files to commit. Repairing/Reinstalling SourceTree does not work.

Capture.PNG

Also experiencing this issue (for several weeks) on Windows 10 Pro (1607). All my repos are on Github. It will rarely commit without crashing. This also sometimes happens on a push.

I can confirm. Constant crashes when I try to commit anything. I have to check with normal git if commit went through. Totally unreliable state.

I have two Windows 10 Pro 64bit computers with SourceTree 1.9.5.0. Both copies of SourceTree crash at every commit. Looks like it does commit though, but I have to restart and check every time. I am waiting for next release of SourceTree, hoping it will work for me.

I encountered the crash every time I try to commit anything. SourceTree 1.9.6.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit. Can we get some estimate for update fix for this?

I can confirm this happen for me as well. Version 1.9.6. Windows 7 Ultimate N 64 bits.
Can anyone help??

Having exact same problem on Win 10 - have tried embedded and system GIT but neither works.  Blew away preferences and even reinstalled, still crashed on commits.  Push works fine.

Same for me :

Windows 10 Pro

SourceTree ; 1.9.6.2

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

791 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you