Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree not display "Remote repositories"

samuel.zhang September 21, 2023

My sourceTree everything works, I can "push/pull" to remote repositories".

I try to Clone a new Repo from remote Repo, but it doesn't display all Repo in menu "Remote"==>"Refresh". I recall it can display all Repo before, and I clone a number of Repo.

What cause the issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter_DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

There are a few possible reasons why Sourcetree may not be displaying all of your remote repositories in the "Remote" menu:
- You are not connected to the remote repository hosting service. Make sure that you are logged in to Sourcetree and that you can access the remote repository hosting service (e.g., GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.).
- The remote repository is private. Sourcetree will not automatically display private remote repositories in the "Remote" menu.
- To view private remote repositories, you need to manually add them to Sourcetree.
- There is a problem with the Sourcetree configuration. Try refreshing the Sourcetree configuration by going to Tools > Options > General and clicking the Refresh button.

If you are still having trouble getting Sourcetree to display all of your remote repositories, you can try the following: Close and reopen Sourcetree. Restart your computer. Uninstall and reinstall Sourcetree.

If you are still having trouble, you can contact Sourcetree support for assistance. Here are some additional things to check:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Sourcetree.
- Make sure that you have the necessary permissions to access the remote repositories. Try clearing the Sourcetree cache. To do this, go to Tools > Options > General and click the Clear Cache button.

If you have tried all of the above and you are still having trouble, please provide more information about your setup, such as the version of Sourcetree you are using, the remote repository hosting service you are using, and any error messages you are receiving.

samuel.zhang September 21, 2023

Hi Nghia,

-There are some local Repo, it should display at least those Repo in Remote menu, but it display "Nothing" after press "Refresh" button.

-The SourceTree is Version 3.4.12, it is not old. It can display remote Repo before.

-You mention "Tools > Options > General  Clear Cache button" and Refresh button,

but there is no such button in my SourceTree  "Tools > Options > General" menu, are you sure those two buttons are at the right location?

Michi B
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 28, 2023

Yes, I am also missing this "Refresh" button.

Could it be that only a limited amount of repos is shown? To my experience only the first 30 are shown. Is that a setting in the user.config?

Also, in some projects I can see a "Load More" button after the last shown repo. It takes ages to load new ones, but works.

2023-11-28 11_49_09-Sourcetree.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events