Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree losing custom diff arguments

Kevin Matlock October 30, 2018

On 3.0.8, I have an external, custom diff tool defined with arguments.  I can set these via the options dialog, exit SourceTree, and can confirm they are stored in my .gitconfig file.  When I open SourceTree back up and go into the options, the arguments field (for both merge and diff tools) are blank.  The path to my custom command remains however.

Custom diff and merge command: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinMerge\WinMergeU.exe 
Diff arguments: -e -u -wl -dl \"Remote\" -dr "Local" $LOCAL $REMOTE
Merge arguments: -e -u -wl -dl \"Remote\" -dr "Local" $LOCAL $REMOTE $MERGED

I'm trying to call WinMerge in this way since the listed "WinMerge" entry in the dropdown

doesn't appear to work.  My custom configuration works great, it's just that the settings are being removed when the application is started - I can observe my settings being deleted from my .gitconfig on startup of the application.

2 answers

0 votes
MKr August 10, 2020

Seems to be STILL an issue and seriously affects using diff programs professionally from out of Sourcetree.

MKr August 12, 2020

Oh, sorry, that seems to be wrong.  We had indeed command options being eaten on their way to our diff tool, but that just turned out not to be SourceTree's fault.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

Hi,

I'm afraid this is a known bug, we are working on a fix.

Vladimir Cascarade December 5, 2019

And are you reserving the rest of the century to accomplish it?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events