When I open SourceTree since updating to the current version (moved from an old 1.x version to the current 2.x), it tries to load my windows profile as a repo, and shows all of the files in it as unstaged files. SourceTree freezes and I can't really do much in it. If I close the 'repo', it seems to start responding better, but is still extremely sluggish. But then every time I open SourceTree, I get the same thing, I have tried re-installing and deleting the config file from AppData.
How do I resolve this?
Hi Colton! This issue could be caused because the older version of SourceTree was not removed correctly. To move to the latest version of SourceTree it is necessary to uninstall 1.x and manually download and install 2.x from www.sourcetreeapp.com.
If after doing that SourceTree is still not working properly, you can try and Wipe SourceTree preferences.
Let me know if this worked for you!
It is likely that somewhere above SourceTree, in the folder tree %localappdata%\SourceTree, you have a .git file or folder or a .hg file or folder.
SourceTree supports functionality allowing you to open a repository in SourceTree by running sourcetree.exe in a folder within a repo, it will then walk back up the folder tree looking for .git or .hg files or folders.
It sounds like this is what is happening. If so moving/deleting the .git/.hg file/folder should fix the problem.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event