Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree known hosts

Borislav Kapukaranov March 5, 2013

Hi,

My scenario is the following - I'm testing SourceTree for Windows. I'm trying to add a git repository through SSH that is secured with Gerrit.

I have configured the correct keys using Pageant and tested them with the console - it works there.

However when I try to pull to update the local repository with SourceTree I can't get it working. First everytime I try this SourceTree says it doesn't know the server's key and if I want to store it - everytime I say Yes, yet the key is never stored. Besides the key is already in my known_hosts file in my user's home directory but apparently SourceTree doesn't look there.

Then I retry and get this error:

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Any ideas how I can connect to the Gerrit managed repos?

Thanks,

Bobby

4 answers

1 vote
Leszek Krupinski March 27, 2013

The problem with "Unable to authenticate [preauth]" is probably because terminal is using ssh and its configuration/keys, and SourceTree is using putty/plink. I had the same situation, and I solved the problem by converting openssh key to PuTTY format, starting plink manually, and loading the key. After that everything went smoothly. In my opinion SourceTree lacks transparency in that department.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Ah yes, could you file a bug? (Sorry, didn't see the Windows at the top!) It's labelled as SRCTREEWIN in jira.atlassian.com. Thanks very much!

0 votes
Borislav Kapukaranov March 6, 2013

As I said I tested the keys with the console(terminal) and it is working there. TortoiseGit and Egit are also working just fine with those keys.

It seems only SourceTree for Windows can't find them. I have correctly configured them in Pageant.

I'm trying to find out here how it is supposed to work and if it doesn't then I'll open a bug - that is expected because this version of source tree is still in beta.

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Can you pull changes from the terminal successfully? This looks to me like a problem to do with your SSH keys as that error isn't generated by SourceTree. Regardless of whether you can or not it'll help narrow down the problem. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events