SourceTree installer doesn't work (Win7), hardcoded 'localhost'. Edited

Hi there.

I've tried the IRC channel to no avail, so I'm asking here:

I'm pretty sure I've 'installed' SourceTree, but the only trace of it in my system now is in the %LocalAppData% (the configs), and when I run the installer again it actually just lauches SourceTree... it runs like a portable app or something. I'd like to have it properly installed like I had before.

Also, after adding my account in ST and authenticating on the web (OAuth), it redirects to "http://localhost:34106/?state=authenticated&code=xxxxxxx"... I guess somebody hardcoded a localhost link somewhere :P.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi

The localhost URL is correct. In order to support OAuth callbacks to give the auth_token SourceTree runs a temporary webserver.

It sounds like SourceTree has installed, i.e. it runs. It will be installed to %localappdata%/SourceTree

Can you check it is there?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

841 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you