SourceTree ignores "bin" folder

Experiencing a very strange issue where SourceTree outright ignores a bin folder in my project. I can confirm it does not exist in the .gitignore and if I change the name of the folder from "bin" to "bbb" or something else SourceTree will include it in staged files.

I do not have the option to rename the folder since it is an auto-generated distribution file that contains startup scripts. Anyone experience this before and know how to fix it?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Found the cause of the problem, and I believe it started with my most recent upgrade of SourceTree. I opened SourceTree >> Preferences >> Git >> .gitignore_global and the folder was included on the global .gitignore. Not sure why it was added but hopefully this helps future users.

If you as of now have any receptacle envelopes in your git list which you no longer wish to track then you have to evacuate them unequivocally. Git won't quit following ways that are as of now being followed on the grounds that the now coordinate another .gitignore design. So in the event that you need add to overlook a few indexes in your nearby store in the wake of altering .gitignore you need to run this on your root dir https://www.buyessays.us  

If you as of now have any receptacle envelopes in your git list which you no longer wish to track then you have to evacuate them unequivocally. Git won't quit following ways that are as of now being followed on the grounds that the now coordinate another .gitignore design. So in the event that you need add to overlook a few indexes in your nearby store in the wake of altering .gitignore you need to run this on your root dir https://www.buyessays.us

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

721 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you