I am using Windows 7 and Sourcetree 2.x. Previous answers on this forum were not helping. I uninstalled Sourcetree, removed all Atlassian and Sourcetree directories in localappdata and in c:\program data, deleted everything I could in localappdata/temp (there's stilla file in use in use called "1"), and rebooted. Same thing, "Sourcetree has stopped working.
The Windows 7 Event Log shows 2 errors, Application and .NET Runtime. I tired poting the event log entries but was not allowed to do so.
It sounds like WMI may have become corrupted. Could you try the following for me?
Ah, there's the answer: it looks like the "Win32_OperatingSystem" WMI object cannot be found (?!).
Check if the repository is corrupted or not by running following command from command prompt with admin rights: winmgmt /verifyrepository. If it is corrupted the returned result will be “Repository is inconsistent.”
If it does not come back as consistent, you'll need to follow the steps here.
You'll need to use "CIMWin32.mof" and "CIMWin32.dll"
Similar thing happened to me today, instead of "Not Found" the error was "WMI: Invalid class", I got it solved by following the instructions from TechNet Forum below:
Just in case I will copy paste the steps here too (it is also recommended to make a backup of the WMI repository).
. About how to rebuild the WMI repository.
• Disable and stop the winmgmt service
• Remove or rename C:\Windows\System32\wbem\repository
• Enable and start the winmgmt service
• Open Command Prompt as Administrator
• Run the following commands:
cd C:\Windows\System32\wbem\for /f %s in ('dir /b *.mof') do mofcomp %s NOTE: This will take a minute or so to complete. for /f %s in ('dir /b en-us\*.mfl') do mofcomp en-us\%s
My WMI was also not working, but I did not have quite the same errors as above and I did the following:
Go into dcomcnfg and try to look at the
Component services > computers > My computer > Dcom config
It may prompt you for classes not registered. Say Yes! Once I did that, my WMI properties were working again and SourceTree reinstalled perfectly.