Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree has become noticeably slower to detect file changes

Conx-Ryan August 13, 2017

Source Tree is now extremely slow to detect changes in the files for a project.

I have noted that both remote changes and local file changes are much slower to be detected thatn previously.

Anyone else feel me?

7 answers

0 votes
Tony Brasunas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2018

This issue is affecting me too.  Really started slowing down when I updated. On 2.7.1 for Mac.

Refresh (cmd-R) is a lifesaver but it's still really a slowdown on the workflow. Fix for this is important.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

Hi everyone! I've talked to our developer team about this issue and they told me they're currently looking into this and that you might expect an improvement shortly :)

Please bear with us in the meantime!

Regards,

Ana

Purna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2017

Hi Ana,

I was just wondering whether this issue is resolved or not as I am still seeing this issue in the latest version i.e. 2.6.3

Thank you.

Dylan_Tusler December 11, 2017

I had some manual steps to go through that resolved the issue for me. They involved wiping the SourceTree system preferences. There is an article on it here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html?_ga=2.206666195.1917284695.1513028945-696256451.1497923713

This worked for me. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't affect these files.

Purna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 11, 2017

Dylan,

yes I have tried that option (deleting preferences) too but the issue is still occurring.

Rooshen Ramiah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 15, 2018

*BUMP* - still an issue in 2.3.5

0 votes
Conx-Ryan November 2, 2017

This is still a problem .... i basically have to press F5 before every operation in source tree ....

0 votes
Dylan_Tusler September 19, 2017

I am having this issue as well on 2.3.1.0

0 votes
Conx-Ryan September 4, 2017

anything happening here?

0 votes
Conx-Ryan August 15, 2017

Capture.PNGIm using Version 2.1.10.0 on Windows 10. I have 13 Repo Tabs active 

Its only since the update i have noticed a change i often get checkins that dont include all changed files, left over files are detected after commit.

Similar happens to all of my team.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

Hi Ryan! Which kind of changes did you notice to go slower? Can you check what is the time you have set in the preferences for SourceTree to check for updates in the repos?

Also, remember to provide which SourceTree version and OS are you using so we can troubleshoot this issue better.

Best regards,

Ana

Richard Hooper August 20, 2017

Hi Ana,

+1 for me with this issue.  Also version 2.1.10.0, since my machine updated on Friday (18 Aug 2017).

Windows 10 64-bit 1703 (build 15063.540)

When I make a change to my working copy, SourceTree basically doesn't seem to notice until I hit F5 to refresh, when the change is instantly picked up.  Before the recent update SourceTree would see changes effectively instantly (when switching to the app, and once I had checked the "refresh when application is not in focus" even when I didn't; both "refresh automatically" and "refresh when not in focus" are currently checked).

A UI action, like e.g. staging a changed file also triggers an instant refresh.

NB nothing to do with remote repos.

Let me know if I can give any more info, or do anything else.

Cheers!

Richard

Dylan_Tusler September 19, 2017

Nice tip about using F5. I never realised this works.

Rooshen Ramiah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 15, 2018

Thank you :) - F5 works well :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events